White Rock Wind Farm is committed to the New England Tablelands community and to strengthening relationships with the local community. The project team aims to keep an open dialogue with the local residents, stakeholders and the wider community to ensure successful exchange of information, consultation and engagement.
White Rock Wind Farm has developed an Stakeholder and Community Engagement Plan. The program of consultation is ongoing and will continue through construction and operational phases of the wind farm. It will include activities such as:
- operation of the Community Consultative Committee (CCC)
- project updates through newsletters, media articles and this website
- responding to any enquiries and complaints
- engaging with host landowners, near neighbours of the project, local councils and government agencies
- establishment of a information centre in Glen Innes to provide a central information hub during the project construction phase, and
- one on one meetings as required.