Local Business Participation Program
The local Business Participation Program is a three stage process. Currently, White Rock Wind Farm is in stage three of the program.
Stage one – Expressions of Interest
Businesses with an ABN registered their business and submitted Expressions of Interest on the ICN Gateway.
Stage two – Further Information
Following the appointment of the Main Contractor, an information forum was held in Glen Innes to provide local businesses with additional information about the available work packages and the process of bidding for subcontracting or supply opportunities with the major subcontractors. A database was provided to the Main Contractor and Major Subcontractors of all companies that expressed interest during stage one.
See archived media release on the event here.
Stage three – Engagement of Contractors
The Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor may engage suppliers and subcontractors according to their normal procurement processes which may include tendering for particular work or negotiation of rates for particular work. Prior to engagement, companies will be required to complete a pre-qualification approval according to the requirements of the hiring company (Main Contractor or Major Subcontractor). In some cases this may include the payment of a fee to a third party for processing the pre-qualification application.
Typical Work Packages Available:
- Overhead transmission line construction (132kv, 33kv & 11kv)
- Fabricated steel warehouse
- Transportable switch room design and manufacture
- HV commissioning and testing
- Geotechnical testing
- Civil Engineering Consultants
- Environmental Consultants
- Civil construction of onsite roads, crane hardstands and foundations
- RMS accredited road constructor
- Diesel supply for machinery
- Form work and steel fixing
- Concrete supply
- Building contractor (Operations and Maintenance buildings)
- Supply of quarry products
- Hire equipment
- Earthmoving and Construction Equipment (wet hire)
- General Crane Hire
- Cleaning Services
- Security services
- Water carting
- Toilet pump out services
- Electrical wholesalers
- Accommodation providers
- Events, Functions and Catering facilities and providers
- Provision and maintenance of temporary construction facilities
- Charter flight operators