White Rock Wind Farm is committed to ensuring the responsible and compliant implementation of the project throughout the construction, operations and decommissioning phases. This commitment addresses the social and environmental impacts of the project through the application of:
- specific management plans
- targeted procedures and processes
- consultation with local community and government agencies
- ongoing review and monitoring to ensure
- achievement of the required performance objectives
- compliance with the project approval and environment protection licence
- identification of any areas requiring improved management, and
- corrective measures as applicable.
Potential social and environmental impacts has been comprehensively assessed. The planning approval sets out conditions for the project. Our management system includes a broad range of measures to mitigate potential impacts and ensure compliance with all approval conditions.
Our environmental management is incorporated into all aspects of the Project’s delivery. Environmental processes and systems will be regularly reviewed to ensure responsible implementation of the project.
Key elements of our environmental management system include:
- employee awareness training and site inductions
- site specific procedures, guidelines and reporting framework
- pre-construction Compliance Report
- Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) and subplans
- Pre-Operations Compliance Report
- Operation Environmental Management Plan (OEMP), and
- specific management plans required by the project approval.
The CEMP and OEMP are required to be approved by NSW Department of Planning and Environment prior to the project commencing the respective construction and operation phases.
Condition B11 states that the proponent may elect to construct and/or operate the project in stages but requires that where staging is proposed requires that a Staging Report be submitted set out the details of staging and how the Conditions of Approval apply to each stage.
A Staging Report was submitted in October 2015 with the Stage1 CEMP. As the Project Approval has been modified on 01 April 2016, the Staging Report has been updated and submitted to Department of Planning and Environment. A link to the updated White Rock Wind Farm Staging Report is provided below:
Notification for Commencement of Construction
As required by Condition D5 of the Project Approval, White Rock Wind Farm Pty Ltd, on 28 April 2016, provided notification to the Department of Planning and Environment of its intention to commence construction from May 2016. The Notification letter can be found here. The letter also advised that an update of the approved CEMP and Pre-Construction Compliance Report would be supplied separately.
Compliance Tracking Program
White Rock Wind Farm Pty Ltd has prepared a Compliance Tracking Program (CTP) to track compliance with requirements of the Project Approval. The CTP has been submitted to DPE and approval was obtained in December 2015. The CTP comprises two parts; a description of procedures and, a matrix recording status of compliance with Conditions of Approval. The Matrix is updated regularly and the updated Matrix is submitted to DPE on a quarterly basis. Links to the Procedures and the Matrix are provided below:
Pre-Construction Compliance Report
On 29 April 2016, White Rock Wind Farm Pty Ltd submitted the White Rock Wind Farm Stage 1 Pre-Construction Compliance Report that is required by Condition D5 of the Project Approval. A link to the Report is provided below:
Construction Environment Management Plan
On 11 December 2015, the Department of Planning and Environment approved the Stage 1 CEMP for White Rock Wind Farm. The approval letter for the December 2015 version of the Stage 1 Construction Environment Management Plan can be found here.
Prior to construction commencing, the WRWF Stage 1 CEMP has been updated to address the modified Project Approval and minor changes to the project layout. The updated Stage 1 CEMP was submitted to the Department of Planning and Environment on 29 April 2016. The Department has advised that the construction works should be undertaken in accordance with the update of the approved CEMP
- Annex_B_Construction Compound and Ancillary Facilities Management Plan
- Annex_C_Construction Noise and Vibration Management Plan
- Annex_D_Construction Traffic and Access Management Plan
- Annex_E_Construction Soil and Water Quality Management Plan
- Annex_F_Construction Heritage Management Plan
- Annex_G_Construction Flora and Fauna Management Plan
- Annex_H_Bushfire Risk Management Plan
- Annex_I_Assessment of Impacts for Micro-sited Turbines
- Annex_J_WRWF Project Approval MP10_160 – Conditions of Approval
- Annex_K_Environmental Protection License-20665-Issued-27-4-16
- Annex_L_Project Risk Analysis Matrix
- Annex_M_Emergency Response Plan
- Annex_N_Complaints and Enquiries Policy
- Annex_O_Enquiries and Complaints Handling Plan
Design and Landscape Plan
On March 17th 2016, the Department of Planning and Environment approved the Design and Landscape Plan for White Rock Wind Farm that is required by Condition C30 of the Project Approval. The approved plan can be found below and associated approval letter can be found here.
Decommissioning and Rehabilitation Plan
The Decommissioning and Rehabilitation Plan is required by Condition G10 of the Project Approval. The Plan addresses the logistical and commercial arrangements for decommissioning of the Wind Farm at completion of operation of any turbine that becomes non-operational for more than 12 months. The Plan has been approved by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment and can be accessed at the link below:
Other Management Plans
The Project Approval also includes requirements for other Management Plans to be prepared for the project and Condition D4 requires Plans prepared under the Project Approval to be provided on the website. Some of the Plans are being reviewed by Department of Planning and Environment or relevant NSW Government Agencies.
Bird and Bat Adaptive Management Program – This Program is required by Condition C6 of the development consent. The Program has been prepared by the expert approved by the NSW Department of Planning. It has undergone review by NSW Department of Planning and NSW Office of Environment and Heritage and following additional surveys and updates of drafts of the Program, the Program has been approved by the NSW Department of Planning and Environment (see approval here) and can be accessed at the link below:
Biodiversity Offset Package – A Biodiversity Offset Package has been prepared and submitted to Office of Environment and Heritage on 30 March 2016 with copy to Department of Planning and Environment. The package is still under review and the Department of Planning and Environment has extended the date for obtaining the Secretary’s approval of the package to 01 October 2016. Once approved, it will be available on this website.
Other plans relating to the Operational Stage of the project will be provided as the project progresses to the relevant phase.